The Irish Survey of Student Engagement (ISSE) operates as a shared service funded by the Higher Education Authority (HEA) for institutions under its remit and is co-sponsored by the Irish Universities Association (IUA), the Technological Higher Education Association (THEA) and the Union of Students in Ireland (USI). The national partnership is seeking to appoint a Project Manager who will be employed by THEA on behalf of the project partners.
Reporting to the four ISSE co-sponsors, the Project Manager manages engagement with participating higher education institutions and other stakeholders; coordinates activities of project working groups; manages the contract with the external data processing contractor; and ensures project coherence and consistency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as primary liaison for project stakeholders – institutions, national bodies, technical contractor – as well as for other interested external parties
- Acting as secretariat to the ISSE Steering Group and project working groups
- Ensuring key deliverables are provided to institutions – promotional materials, data files, national reports
- Ensuring analysis and reporting of national results from the ISSE and the new ISSE-PGR are undertaken in a timely manner
- Ensuring effective management of all aspects of the project including: meetings for working groups, finance, data management, documentation, and regular reporting to the Steering Group and project co-sponsors
- Maintaining effective communications for the project, including website, social media and regular email information updates
The person appointed will have:
- An appropriate third-level qualification at NFQ Level 8 [or equivalent] or above
- A proven track record in ability to conduct analysis on large data sets and present findings to stakeholders
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with the operation of the higher education sector in Ireland and / or abroad
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate in a multi-stakeholder environment
- An ability to interact in a confident way with people
A knowledge of statistical analysis software, such as SPSS, and a qualification in project management is also desirable.
This is a full-time, three year contract post which offers an excellent career opportunity for a positive, innovative and dynamic professional with an attractive remuneration package on offer for the right candidate. Further details of the project are available at www.studentsurvey.ie
Please forward, in confidence, no later than 5pm on Friday 28th September 2018, a curriculum vitae accompanied by a covering letter outlining your suitability for the post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THEA is an equal opportunities employer. Shortlisting of candidates may take place.