EURAXESS Ireland is the national researcher mobility office and www.euraxess.ie portal providing practical advice and assistance for all research-active organisations across research agencies, academic, private and public sector. The removal of obstacles to the mobility of researchers is a key element of Ireland’s science/technology policy and this service is jointly funded by the IUA and the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI). The office is linked to a network of over 580 EURAXESS mobility centres in 41-member states for incoming and out-coming R&D personnel.
The IUA provides a number of services under the EURAXESS umbrella:
- Provision of information, advice and guidance through the EURAXESS Ireland portal and help desk
- Fast Track Work Permit (Hosting Agreements) for R&D personnel
- Career development
- Other services
The EURAXESS Ireland help-desk provides free advice and tailored assistance to mobile researchers and their families on administrative, working and cultural matters including immigration, residency and work permits, schooling, language courses and other practical information to guide them before and upon their arrival in Ireland.
Fast Track Work Permit (Hosting Agreement) For Non-EU R&D
EURAXESS Ireland processes hosting agreements on behalf of the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI).
The benefits of this fast track immigration process for non-EEA researchers coming to Ireland are:
- Work as a researcher in academia or industry
- Working permission is no longer required after 2 years on a Hosting Agreement
- Spouses and children can move to Ireland at the same time
- Spouses can work freely in Ireland without a work permit
- Advice and support from the EURAXESS Ireland office
- More information on the scheme, including application details is available on the dedicated section of the portal.
EURAXESS Ireland Portal
The EURAXESS Ireland portal provides practical support to researchers and their families and also assists Higher Education Institutions, companies and research active organisations hiring researchers and searching for funding opportunities.
On Euraxess.ie you will find…
- Practical information on a range of issues and areas affecting researchers, including immigration and visas, employment law, healthcare, childcare, social services, and life in Ireland and abroad.
- Detailed information on the Fast Track WP scheme
- A jobs portal which advertises research positions and funding opportunities available in Ireland and abroad. Organisations can advertise their positions for free.
- Links to the EURAXESS database where researchers upload their cv/profiles for job and potential partnering opportunities and employers search for suitable candidates and possible consortium members
- Career Development career progression tools and guidance for researchers
Contact EURAXESS Ireland
- Dr Magdalena Wisłocka
Head of EURAXESS Ireland Magda@iua.ie
Tel: 00353 (1) 6764948