To celebrate the International year of the Nurse and the midwife, the IUA Heads of Nursing and Midwifery group are hosting a seminar series which will run monthly throughout 2021 and 2022, to highlight the challenges, successes, research and innovations happening in academic and clinical settings nationally.
This webinar on Monday, 29th November 2021, 12-1pm, which will highlight diversity and inclusion in Nursing and Midwifery .
- Welcome, Introductions and Scene Setting: Susan Carton, St. Angela’s College Sligo.
- Student Involvement in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives – The Athena SWAN Charter: Olayinka Olaitan Aremu, Professor Vivienne Brady and Professor Maria Brenner, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin.
- Disability Support Programme for Student Nurses at St Angela’s College, Sligo and Dublin City University: Dr Dympna Walsh Gallagher, St. Angela’s College Sligo and Thérése Danaher, Dublin City University.
- Sharing Experiences of Inclusion and Looking to the Future: Susan Carton and Carmel Jennings, St. Angela’s College Sligo
- Panel Discussion: Panel members and Student Representatives.