Job Spec – Irish Marie Curie Office – National Contact Point
Position: Marie Curie National Contact Point
The Irish Universities Association (IUA) is the representative body of the seven Irish universities. The IUA seeks to advance university education and research through the formulation and pursuit of collective policies and actions on behalf of the Irish Universities. It is a non-profit making body with charitable status. IRCSET (Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering & Technology)operates multi-million euro research funding initiatives, which support talented researchers in their early stage career formation across Masters, Doctoral and Postdoctoral levels in the area ofscience, engineering and technology.
The Irish Marie Curie Office is supported by the Irish Universities Association (IUA) and the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering & Technology (IRCSET) and provides the National Contact Point for the EU Framework 7 “People” Programme. It ensures dedicated support, advice and in-depth assistance to researchers applying for Marie Curie Actions funding under the People Programme http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/people/home_en.html
The Irish Marie Curie Office under the leadership of IUA and IRCSET is now seeking to recruit a National Contact Point (NCP) overseen for the programmes above and to be involved in research career development initiatives with the European Commission.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Director of Research in the IUA, the NCP will:
- Execute the Irish Marie Curie Office
- Organise promotional activities, information days and workshops to assist applicants to the Marie Curie Actions
- Advise, assist and train researchers on the funding schemes available under the Marie Curie Actions
- Advise on administrative procedures and legal issues
- Analyse fellowship data, prepare reports and publicity material
- Provide expertise and on proposal writing, legal aspects etc.
- Carry out reviews of proposals prior to their submission to the EC
- Provide on-going support to successful applicants on negotiating and managing contracts
- Liaise with the European Commission and the NCP networks across Europe.
- Work closely with the EURAXESS Ireland office based in the IUA on policy and practice concerning researcher mobility and career development
Profile of Candidate:
- Possess a primary degree and a minimum of three years relevant experience in a related field, such as research administration and management.
- Significant experience in EU R&D funding
- Results focused and a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- A capacity for strategic thinking and hands-on delivery
- Ability to analyse data and prepare statistical reports
- In-depth knowledge of the Higher Education, Research and Industry sectors on an international scale
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
Please forward a detailed CV and cover letter, demonstrating the competencies and experience listed above, by post or email by 15th August 2011 to:
48 Merrion Square
Tel: (01) 676 4948
The IUA is an equal opportunities employer.