IUA Job Advert: CLOSED
Position: Academic Leadership and Development Project Manager
The Irish Universities Association (IUA) represents, promotes and provides support services for the seven Irish Universities. The IUA is a non-profit making body with charitable status.
The IUA invites applications for the new position of Academic Leadership and Development Project Manager.
The Academic Leadership and Development project, funded under the HEA Strategic Innovation and Development Call, will support the enhancement of academic leadership and management capacity within Ireland’s seven Universities.
The position of Project Manager, which will be primarily based at the IUA, is offered on a 14 month specified purpose contract, and subject to a period of probation and meeting on-going performance requirements. The role will require domestic travel within Ireland on a regular basis.
Job Specification and Key Deliverables:
The overall aim of the project is to enhance academic leadership and management development in a way which is attuned to the specific challenges facing Irish HEIs and is informed by international good practice.
Reporting to the IUA CEO, and engaging with all individual University stakeholders, the Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Project goals are delivered in a timely and efficient manner, managing the Project plan and activities, coordinating the project and other appropriate activities determined by the Project Sponsor and Steering Committee. The work will involve research, development and project management.
In that regard, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to and co-ordinate the achievement of the following key deliverables:
- Data gathering and analysis of existing academic leadership and management structures in the Irish universities and in selected comparators from high performing systems internationally;
- Development of a set of prototypical academic management role models, having agreed core characteristics, which can be adapted by individual institutions;
- Development and assembly of a set of structured development programmes for academic leaders and managers.
Profile of Candidate
This is an exciting opportunity to make a distinctive contribution to an area of strategic importance to the higher education sector. The most critical qualities for this role are:
- Extensive experience in HR aspects of leadership and management development;
- Strong research, analytical and project management skills;
- Experience in Organisation Design and Development; job design experience would be an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communications ability within a complex organisational environment;
- Proactive and a self-starter;
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications such as membership of the Chartered institute of personnel development (CIPD).
The position, which will be based within IUA, is offered on a 14 month specified purpose contract, and subject to a period of probation and meeting on-going performance requirements.
A salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
Please forward a detailed CV and cover letter, demonstrating the competencies and experience listed above, by post or email by Friday 27th June 2014 to:
Jennifer Cleary, HR Manager, IUA, 48 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
Tel: (01) 676 4948
Applications submitted by or through third parties, including recruitment agencies will be rejected.
The IUA is an equal opportunities employer