University College Cork (UCC) was founded in 1845 and combines a rich tradition of teaching, research and scholarship. Its degrees, conferred by the National University of Ireland, are internationally recognised and over 19,000 students take its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. UCC enjoys an international reputation, which draws more than 2,800 students from 100 countries across the world.
- To study at one of the World’s Top 300 Universities (QS World University Rankings 2011). Select from programmes in four Colleges: Arts, Celtic Studies & Social Sciences; Business & Law; Medicine & Health; and, Science, Engineering & Food Science.
- To learn from some of Ireland’s most-cited researchers at a premier research university.
- To develop your global network of contacts from UCC’s cosmopolitan student and academic community with links to institutions and businesses around the world.
- To benefit from UCC’s reputation among international students — ranked 1st for international student support, 2nd for graduate employability, in top 3 for sports and social facilities and 98% surveyed said they have expert lecturers (i-graduate International Student Barometer of 67,000 students at 93 institutions worldwide).
- To attend the first university in the world to be awarded the international Green Flag for Environmental Friendliness.
- To live, work and play in one of the world’s top 10 cities to visit (Lonely Planet 2010) with award-winning galleries and restaurants, vibrant nightlife, cutting-edge theatre, pioneering music scene, devoted sports fans and a wealth of historical buildings.
- To enjoy a compact and safe city, easy to traverse on foot, where students can encounter friends on the busy city centre streets.
- To benefit from Cork’s trade and cultural links throughout the world boosted by its sister cities including San Francisco and Shanghai.
- To gain from Cork’s status at the forefront of Ireland’s knowledge economy, thanks to UCC’s excellence in research and development, and as home to many global names: Amazon, Apple, Boston-Scientific, EMC2, Pfizer and Siemens.
Contact UCC for More Information:
University College Cork
General Enquiries Tel: +353 (0)21 4901876
Tel: +353 21 490 3571
Graduate Studies Office
Tel: +353 21 490 2810