Based at the IUA, EURAXESS Ireland has been providing free advice and guidance to research active organisations and researchers moving to or from Ireland to develop their research career since 2004.
EURAXESS Ireland is jointly funded by the IUA and the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI). It is a member of the EURAXESS European Services Network which has more than 200 centres located in 40 European countries.
The EURAXESS Ireland help-desk provides free advice and tailored assistance to mobile researchers and their families on administrative, working and cultural matters including immigration, residency and work permits, schooling, language courses and other practical information to guide them before and upon their arrival in Ireland.
HOSTING AGREEMENT SCHEME
EURAXESS Ireland processes Hosting Agreements on behalf of the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI). This key service is of huge benefit to non-EEA (European Economic Area) researchers on contracts and their employers. By availing of a hosting agreement, entry visas are fast tracked and researchers can work in Ireland without recourse to the usual work permit. This scheme also allows the researcher’s immediate family to live in Ireland for the duration of the agreement and entitles their spouse and dependents to apply for a work permit allowing greater ease of access to employment in Ireland.
- Since the scheme began in 2007 the EURAXESS office has processed a total of 3950 new Hosting Agreements for non EEA researchers.
- Researchers have come from 100 different countries and to 73 accredited organisations include all 7 Irish universities, 11 Institutes of Technology, 55 research institutions and enterprises
- There are currently 910 researchers working in Ireland under a hosting agreement, 370 of them accompanied by their families.
- The top 3 nationalities currently availing of the scheme are India, China and USA followed by Iran, Pakistan and Brazil.
More information on the Hosting Agreement, including application details is available on the dedicated section on the portal. https://www.euraxess.ie/ireland/hosting-agreement-scheme
EURAXESS IRELAND PORTAL
The EURAXESS Ireland portal – EURAXESS.ie – provides practical support to researchers and their families and also assists Higher Education Institutions, companies and research active organisations hiring researchers and searching for funding opportunities.
On Euraxess.ie you will find…
- Practical information on a range of issues and areas affecting researchers, including immigration and visas, employment law, healthcare, childcare, social services, and life in Ireland and abroad.
- Practical information for institutions accredited for the Hosting Agreement scheme.
- A jobs portal which advertises research positions and funding opportunities available in Ireland and abroad.
- Links to the EURAXESSdatabase where researchers upload their profiles for job and potential partnering opportunities and employers search for suitable candidates and possible consortium members
EURAXESS matches talented supply and demand. Researchers wishing to avail of job and funding opportunities are encouraged to register and update their profile on the EURAXESS database and My EURAXESS database.
JOBS PORTAL & CV DATABASE for Researchers & Entrepreneurs
- A free service allowing registered researchers to conduct a tailored search for available research positions in accordance with their disciplinary and professional experience.
- The ability to create a personal researcher profile that is available to registered employers searching for research talent.
- Email alerts on positions of relevance to your individual profile.
- The ability to upload a profile and curriculum vitae that employers and potential partners can view.
- Funded researchers can search for a host organisation
If you wish to register on the portal please click on the following link https://www.euraxess.ie/my/researcher
JOBS PORTAL & CV DATABASE for Employers
The portal for employers
- EURAXESS lists thousands of vacancies and fellowships from more than 40 European countries and other regions in the world
- This free search facility allows employers to identify potential research candidates.
- Free European advertising through the European Commission’s EURAXESS JOBS site which advertises all research vacancies on all national portals.
- A wealth of information on research funding throughout Europe: from individual grants to supporting start-ups
- Register your organisation here.
Research organisations, universities & business can search for partners to join a consortium and apply for EU funding through the EURAXESS database for the perfect business match!
Tel: +353 1 676 4948
EURAXESS Ireland Manager
Dr Magdalena Wisłocka
EURAXESS Officer & Hosting Agreement Scheme Manager