University College Cork (UCC) was founded in 1845 and combines a rich tradition of teaching, research and scholarship. The university offers more than 120 degree and professional programmes in four Colleges: Arts, Celtic Studies & Social Sciences; Business & Law; Medicine & Health; and, Science, Engineering & Food Science.
With a large global network of contacts UCC’s students benefit from links to institutions and businesses around the world. Students can gain from Cork’s status at the forefront of Ireland’s knowledge economy, thanks to UCC’s excellence in research and development, and as home to many global names: Amazon, Apple, Boston-Scientific, EMC2, Pfizer and Siemens.
- Established: 1845
- Number of students: 21,000
- More than 3,000 students from 100 countries across the world
- Campuses: UCC Main Campus
- 9th Most Sustainable University in the World 2018 and was also the first university in the world to be awarded the international Green Flag for Environmental Friendliness and is home to Ireland’s only plastic-free cafe.
- Awarded The Sunday Times Irish University of the Year 5 times since the awards started in 2002
- 94% of undergraduates go on to employment or further study.
- UCC is also internationally acclaimed as one of the top 2% of research institutions in the world.
- Students can also enjoy the 59 Sports Clubs and 78 active student societies which are run by various student committees throughout the year.
PROF. JOHN O’HALLORAN
“These are challenging times but the strength of UCC is its community.“