As Ireland’s university on a world stage, Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is recognized for academic excellence and a transformative student experience. With three large faculties offering over 400 academic programmes, at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, students have a wide range of course options in the arts, business, economics, humanities, social sciences, engineering, mathematics, sciences, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and a range of other health science programmes.
The historic campus is located in the heart of Dublin city centre at the meeting place of the retail and cultural districts. With a tradition of scholarship spanning more than four centuries, Trinity is home to talented and inquiring minds, a liberal education and research conducted at the frontiers of disciplines. Social highlights include the Traffic Light Ball held during Freshers Week and the most famous of them all, the Trinity Ball, Europe’s largest private party held in April on campus.
- Established: 1592
- Trinity has over 18,000 students from 118 countries.
- 1 of 17 European Universities selected to be part of the European University Alliance.
- Trinity College Dublin, was ranked at 120th in the world by THE rankings in 2018.
- With three large faculties offering over 400 academic programmes, at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- In 2015, TCD receive the Athena Swan Bronze Award for gender equality.
- Over 170 student societies and a sports centre and associated sports clubs.
- There are over 1000,000 alumni across the globe, including Oscar Wilde, novelist Samuel Beckett, writer Jonathan Swift and former Presidents of Ireland Mary Robinson and Mary MacAleese
DR. PATRICK PRENDERGAST
“Our city centre campus has been the beating heart of Dublin and Ireland for well over four centuries and has become a global, interdisciplinary 21st century university, driving innovation and entrepreneurship in both research and education.”