As Ireland’s university on a world stage, Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is recognised for academic excellence and a transformative student experience. With three large faculties offering over 400 academic programmes, at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, students have a wide range of course options in the arts, business, economics, humanities, social sciences, engineering, mathematics, sciences, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and a range of other health science programmes.
The historic campus is located in the heart of Dublin city centre at the meeting place of the retail and cultural districts. With a tradition of scholarship spanning more than four centuries, Trinity is home to talented and inquiring minds, a liberal education and research conducted at the frontiers of disciplines. Social highlights include the Traffic Light Ball held during Freshers Week and the most famous of them all, the Trinity Ball, Europe’s largest private party held in April on campus.
- Established: 1592
- Trinity has over 18,400 students from 118 countries
- 1 of 17 European Universities selected to be part of the European University Alliance
- Trinity College Dublin, was ranked at 98th in the world by the QS rankings 2023
- Trinity College Dublin, was ranked at 155th in the world by Times Higher Education rankings in 2021
- 1st in Europe for producing Entrepreneurs for the 7th year in a row, Pitchbook 2021-2022
- 3 large faculties offering over 400 academic programmes, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- In 2015, TCD received the Athena Swan Bronze Award for gender equality
- Over 170 student societies and a sports centre and associated sports clubs
- There are over 121,000 alumni across the globe, including Oscar Wilde, novelist Samuel Beckett, writer Jonathan Swift and former Presidents of Ireland Mary Robinson and Mary MacAleese
PROF LINDA DOYLE
“Irish society benefits massively from a vibrant university sector. Since 1592, Trinity continues to be a world-leader in addressing the great challenges of our time. We teach the next generation of leaders and innovators, and we are performing cutting-edge, cross-disciplinary research. In Trinity, students of diverse backgrounds and nationalities are challenged to reach their full potential in a supportive environment.”