The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions provide an excellent opportunity for commercial and civil society organisations of all sizes to source funding to support their research and/or innovation interests and activities. The participation of these “non-academic” organisations is strongly encouraged in all Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, with a view to fostering innovation in all its forms via cross-sectoral knowledge exchange and to help researchers to identify career opportunities outside of the traditional academic career path. The Actions can also be an excellent entry point for non-academic organisations to access the wide range of European framework funding opportunities suitable for them.
The list below summarises what can typically be achieved through participating in a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action:
To find out more about any of these Actions, please click on the buttons below.
Training the next generation of innovative and creative employees
Exchanging knowledge with top-class academic research groups
Attracting top-class researchers at all career stages to your organisation
What is the level of funding?
- Depending on the Action, the budgets available range in size from €100,000 to €5 million for a 3 to 4 year programme. A typical amount allocated to a non-academic participant is around €85,000 per annum, depending on their level of involvement.
- 100% funding is provided to cover, for example, salaries, research and training costs, travel costs, and the costs of managing participation in the Action.
- Non-academic participants do not have to provide any formal match or co-funding. An in-kind contribution in terms of e.g. personnel time, materials, access to equipment or resources may be necessary.
What research areas are funded?
- All areas of research are covered by the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, including STEM subjects and the social sciences, humanities and economic sciences.
- All funding in Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions is bottom-up; there are no thematic calls or priority areas that are supported.
- Examples of projects in Ireland funded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie can be found here.
What support is on offer?
The Irish Marie Skłodowska-Curie Office can support industry in the following ways:
- Information – join our mailing list or our LinkedIn Group “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Office Ireland” or follow us on Twitter to receive updates about the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
- Advice – consulting on whether your concept (project, partners and aims) is suitable for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
- Proposal Review – advising on revisions that will improve the chance of a proposal being selected for funding.