Science Gallery, Pearse Street, Dublin 1 – April 7th 2009 10.30am-3.30pm
Brokerage Session – how to participate:
There are three ways how you can participate in the brokerage session:
- communicate your project idea in our poster session;
- present your ideas in a short oral presentation;
- or, if you cannot attend the event personally, send us your partner search form for dissemination among the conference delegates and beyond!
If you are planning to present a poster or give an oral presentation, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can try to accommodate your request. It is essential that you get in touch with us before you start to work on either poster or oral presentation!!
Posters and oral presentations:
For both posters and oral presentations, please make sure that they include the following information:
- Working title for your project
- Institution and research group putting forward the project idea
- Other partners already involved
- Short description of the organization or group (type and size of organization, commercial or non-commercial where this is not obvious, main research activities)
- Concise description of your project idea (scope and objectives)
- Expertise your group can offer
- Type of organization and expertise you’re looking for
- Contact person for follow-up
Specific instructions for posters:
The maximum size for your poster is A0
To make the poster into more than just a large partner search form, the following hints may be useful:
- Do not include large portions of text in your poster – you will be there during the poster session (lunch break and/or afternoon session) to explain your project idea to interested delegates.
- Convert tabular material into graphic displays, if possible.
- Use color to add emphasis and clarity.
- Make illustrations simple and bold.
- Displayed materials should be self-explanatory, freeing you for discussion.
It may also be a good idea to have a stock of separate hand-outs for delegates to take home with them.
Specific instructions for oral presentation:
Presentations should last no more than 10 minutes and be based on PowerPoint. The maximum number of slides including title page at the beginning and contact page at the end is 10. You should be available for Q&A from the audience after your presentation.
Contribution of partner search forms for dissemination among delegates and beyond:
Please use the standard PEOPLE partner search form that you can find here. Partner search forms can be submitted without prior registration for the conference, but must have been received by us on Friday, 3rd April 2009, at the latest. Please fill in as many details as possible – the more detailed the information that you provide, the higher are your chances of being approached by potentially interested organizations. Please send your completed partner search form to the Marie Curie National Contact Point at the IUA, Dagmar Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “IAPP Partner Search form” as subject line.