Based at the IUA, EURAXESS Ireland has been providing free advice and guidance to researchers moving to or from Ireland to develop their research career since 2004.
EURAXESS Ireland is jointly funded by the IUA and the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI). It is a member of the EURAXESS European Services Network which has more than 200 centres located in 40 European countries.
The EURAXESS Ireland help-desk provides free advice and tailored assistance to mobile researchers and their families on administrative, working and cultural matters including immigration, residency and work permits, schooling, language courses and other practical information to guide them before and upon their arrival in Ireland.
HOSTING AGREEMENT SCHEME
EURAXESS Ireland processes Hosting Agreements on behalf of the Department of Jobs Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI). This key service is of huge benefit to non-EEA (European Economic Area) researchers on contracts and their employers. By availing of a hosting agreement, entry visas are fast tracked and researchers can work in Ireland without recourse to the usual work permit. This scheme also allows the researcher’s immediate family to live in Ireland for the duration of the agreement and entitles their spouse and dependents to apply for a work permit allowing greater ease of access to employment in Ireland.
- Since the scheme began in 2007 the EURAXESS office has processed a total of 3240 new Hosting Agreements for non EEA researchers.
- Researchers have come from 96 different countries and to 65 accredited organisations include all 7 Irish universities, 12 Institutes of Technology, 14 research institutions and 32 industrial organisations.
- There are currently 720 researchers working in Ireland under a hosting agreement, 300 of them accompanied by their families.
- The top 3 nationalities availing of the scheme are India, China and USA followed by Iran, Pakistan and Brazil.
More information on the Hosting Agreement, including application details is available from www.euraxess.ie.
EURAXESS IRELAND PORTAL
The EURAXESS Ireland portal – EURAXESS.ie – provides practical support to researchers and their families and also assists Higher Education Institutions, companies and research active organisations hiring researchers and searching for funding opportunities.
On Euraxess.ie you will find…
- Practical information on a range of issues and areas affecting researchers, including immigration and visas, employment law, healthcare, childcare, social services, and life in Ireland.
- Practical information for institutions accredited for the Hosting Agreement scheme.
- A jobs portal which advertises research positions and funding opportunities available in Ireland and abroad.
- A cv database where researchers upload their profiles and employers search for suitable candidates.
Researchers wishing to avail of job and funding opportunities are encouraged to register their profile both on EURAXESS.ie and also on the EURAXESS.eu cv database. By registering on both portals researchers increase their visibility to prospective employers in Ireland and across Europe.
JOBS PORTAL & CV DATABASE for Researchers
- A free service allowing registered researchers to conduct a tailored search for available research positions in accordance with their disciplinary and professional experience.
- The ability to create a personal researcher profile that is available to registered employers searching for research talent.
- Email alerts on positions of relevance to your individual profile.
- The ability to upload a profile and curriculum vitae that employers can view.
Employers are encouraged to upload their research vacancies to the jobs portal and search the cv database for suitable candidates.
JOBS PORTAL & CV DATABASE for Employers
The portal for employers
- A free search facility that allows employers to identify potential research vacancy candidates.
- A free advertising service to a targeted audience of website/portal users who are seeking research vacancies. https://www.euraxess.ie/my/offer-postings
- Free European advertising through the European Commission’s EURAXESS JOBS site which advertises all research vacancies on all forty national portals. This European site is populated from the individual national portals. https://www.euraxess.ie/ireland/business
- Register your organisation here.
Tel: +353 1 676 4948
EURAXESS Ireland Manager
Dr Magdalena Wisłocka
EURAXESS Officer & Hosting Agreement Scheme Manager