Following the success of our first Graduate Internship Scheme, 2015-2016, Campus Engage are now launching the 2016-2017 call for applications.
Organisation: Based at the Irish Universities Association (IUA), the Campus Engage National Network has been set up to promote civic and community engagement as a core function of Higher Education on the island of Ireland. www.campusengage.ie/
Job Description: Working as part of a small dynamic and supportive team, you will provide a proactive role in supporting the Campus Engage National Coordinator on a major initiative to maintain, expand and develop a new social innovation studentvolunteer.ie.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic team player with excellent organisational, and communications skills to be involved in an exciting new national initiative, and to gain direct exposure to senior professionals as well as to a major network of associates across Ireland.
The role will be based at the IUA, with travel to associated higher education institutions in Ireland.
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Precision and attention to detail
- Computer literacy including website CMS, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proven interest in social innovation and civic engagement
- Ability to work as part of a supportive team
- Basic knowledge of public awareness campaigns
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and ‘outside the box’
- Absolute discretion and reliability
- A recent graduate looking to further career prospects.
Desirable additional attributes:
- Interest or experience in start-up social enterprise
- Event coordination
- Experience of digital marketing, communications, journalism, PR
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Preparation of minutes
This is a paid internship at €1,400 gross per month and would be most suited to a recent graduate looking to put their skills into practice, to gain relevant experience and make their mark at a national level driving a new social enterprise.
Duration: September 2016 – February 2017
Location: Irish Universities Association, 48 Merrion Square, Dublin D02 PK02.
Training: Introduction training and on the job graduate training will be provided
Day to day contact: Specific contact with: Kate Morris, Campus Engage National Coordinator
How to apply:
Please forward a copy of your CV, with contact details for two referees, and a one page cover letter highlighting relevant academic and /or work experience, paid or voluntary. The cover letter should describe why you will suit the role. Referees will not be contacted without your consent. Only recent graduates should apply.
Applications can be submitted by post or email by 27 July 2016 for the attention of
Jennifer Cleary, HR Manager, IUA, 48 Merrion Square, Dublin D02 PK02.
Informal queries regarding this position may be addressed to Jennifer.email@example.com