Businesses, the public service and the media now have unprecedented access to the experts and researchers across the island of Ireland thanks to a dynamic portal expertiseireland.com.This searchable database now contains detailed profiles of over 5000 Irish experts as well as information on funding, technology transfer and commercial expertise.The site provides a fast and effective gateway to Ireland’s knowledge base strengthening our international profile as a premier location for carrying out world class research and development.
Businesses interested in collaborative opportunities can find valuable information on experts in universities, institutes of technology and industry specialising in a variety of fields from biotechnology to zoology. According to Dr. Celia Gallagher, Project Manager of expertiseireland.com, “by providing a single access point the portal helps the business and academic communities to avail of the world-class expertise and intellectual capital on the island”.
Access to information of this kind will be an important tool in implementing the Strategy for Science, Technology and Innovation 2007-2013 (SSTI). As economic success is increasingly based on knowledge creation and exploitation expertiseireland.com has a key role to play by facilitating the identification of expertise and to serve as the first point of contact between those who create new ideas and those who can exploit them. According to Danny McCoy, Director of Policy at IBEC, “With access to more than 5000 experts the portal is an important business tool and is helping to promote and provide the innovative environment that is vital to improving Ireland’s economic productivity and prosperity levels”.
For more information please contact Dr Celia Gallagher on email@example.com or phone 01 676 4849
- More information can be found on www.expertiseireland.com
- Expertiseireland.com is owned by the Irish Universities Association and isfunded by InterTradeIreland.
- Expertiseireland.com was launched in July 2003 with 250 expert profiles from 4 universities.
- Fields of research covered includes Medicine, Science, Economics, Social and Public Affairs
- Innovative ideas produced in the third level sector which are available for exploitation are presented in the technology transfer licensing opportunities section.
- The portal incorporates a free funding database, which provides registered users with information on relevant sources of funding on a local, national and European level.