- Academic staff development in areas such as teaching and assessment methods, curriculum and module design, use of teaching and learning technologies such as Moodle and Blackboard, academic integrity/plagiarism, supervision;
- Professional development for and demonstrators;
- E-learning tools and techniques;
- Digital resources for use in a variety of learning and teaching methods;
- 1st year student support focus;
- Awards for outstanding teaching practice;
- Fellowships/funding for innovation in learning andteaching.
Proof of active engagement in such activities, as well as of high quality delivery of teaching and related services, is an integral part of the promotion criteria for many staff grades across Irish universities.