The IUA requires an Administrative Assistant to provide support for the organisation which currently employs 14 members of staff. The position will be based at the IUA Office on 48 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Duties will include, but can not be limited to carrying out such secretarial, clerical and administrative work as may be required including –
General Reception Duties:
- Reception Duties – Greeting and assisting visitors, answering the telephone, passing on messages and assisting with requests for documentation.
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the office – office file management, dealing with correspondence by mail, email, fax and scanner.
- Meeting Room Preparation – organising rooms for meetings including tea & coffee preparation, setting up equipment including laptop, projector, phone and video conferencing.
- You shall have a specific responsibility to provide support to the Director of Academic Affairs and the staff of that directorate. As well as providing adhoc support to the Communications and Projects Manager.
- Providing secretarial support for members of staff including diary management, booking meeting rooms, filing, assisting with events, conferences and travel arrangements.
- Organising meetings and attendance for groups within the seven Irish universities, government departments and state agencies.
- Preparing documents for meetings for distribution by hard or soft copy as requested, printing and binding meeting documents.
- Minute taking for meetings when requested.
- General administrative tasks including the typing, printing, binding and postage of documents and correspondence, analysing data.
Profile of Candidate
Candidates should possess the following skills and personal attributes:-
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive team player
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Knowledge of databases/data management advantageous
- Minimum of 2/3 years experience in a similar role
The post will be offered on a 3 year fixed-term contract.
Remuneration: circa €25,000 – €28,000 commenusurate with experience
Please forward a cover letter and detailed CV, demonstrating the competencies and experience listed above, by post or email by 2.00pm, Thursday 19th March, 2009 to:
48 Merrion Square
Tel: (01) 676 4948
Applications submitted by or through third parties, including recruitment agencies will be rejected.
Further information about the IUA is available on our website www.iua.ie
The IUA is an equal opportunities employer.