The debate took place on: Tues Jan 28th, 1.30pm – 2.30pm
Trinity College Business School, Room B132 (basement)
The RIA, with USI, IUA and THEA, held an election debate on the Future Funding of Higher Education and Research in Ireland.
The event was kindly hosted by Trinity College Dublin in the Business School.
Education spokespersons or their reps debated the issues before an audience of staff and students.
Our panellists were:
- Mary Mitchell O’Connor Fine Gael
- Thomas Byrne TD Fianna Fail
- Donnchadh O’Laoghaire TD Sinn Fein
- Senator Ivana Bacik Labour
- Richard Boyd Barrett TD People Before Profit
- Neasa Hourigan Green Party
- Aengus O’Moaláin Social Democrats
The Debate was moderated by Shane Coleman, Presenter of Newstalk Breakfast.
If you missed the debate you can view the full debate via our YouTube channel.